Resetting the dishwasher when faults occur will help recover it from most of the glitches causing the repairs. If you are struggling with the faulty dishwasher and know you want to reset it but are unsure how to do it, you are at the right place.
You can reset your Whirlpool Quiet Partner 3 Dishwasher by unplugging it and plugging it back after 10 minutes. You can also reset it by pressing the ”Heated dry” and ”Normal” buttons for 3 seconds. You can reset the control panel by pressing the start/reset button for 3 seconds.
This article will teach you how to do a soft and hard reset on your dishwasher. You will also know how to use the dishwasher correctly at the end of the article. So, keep reading.
Why does your dishwasher need a reset?
Resetting a dishwasher will help reboot and refresh it and clear the control panel glitches.
Here are some common issues in the dishwasher when you must reset your Whirlpool Quiet Partner 3 Dishwasher.
1. Power supply issues
Power supply issues won’t let the dishwasher start or complete the wash cycle.
It may occur due to the power circuit has tripped.
To solve the power supply issues, you have to reset the power circuit of the dishwasher.
You must also check the junction box wiring.
If the wires are loosened, you must replace the wires.
2. If the child lock is activated
The child lock button in the dishwasher prevents children and old people from the aimless operation of the control panel in the dishwasher.
A dishwasher, a sensitive appliance, performs several functions like washing, rinsing, and drying.
If the dishwasher’s control panel is operated aimlessly, it damages the appliance and harms the child.
If the child lock is activated, the control panel will be deactivated except for the power button.
Check if the child lock is activated and deactivate it.
And you can also reset the dishwasher to disable the child lock.
3. If the timer is faulty
A dishwasher has a timer to regulate its function.
A timer determines how long a washing cycle can last.
If the timer is faulty, there will be irregularities in the washing cycle of the dishwasher.
You can fix this by resetting the dishwasher.
4. The door switch is not working
The door switch in the dishwasher plays an important role by latching the door with the dishwasher when the washing cycle is switched on.
It prevents the water from flooding the kitchen by pulling the door with the dishwasher.
If the door is not latched with the dishwasher, it won’t start the washing cycle.
In such a case, check the door switch for faults.
If it’s the minor glitches causing the issue, you can solve it by resetting the dishwasher.
You must replace the door switch if there is damage to it.
5. If the touch screen is not working
There are several reasons behind a touchpad not working in a dishwasher.
The issue may be due to the glitches in the control panel, or it may also be due to the wiring issue in the dishwasher.
To fix the minor glitch, you must reset the dishwasher.
In case of wiring issues, you can solve the issue by testing the wires and by replacing the faulty wires.
6. Leakage issues
Leakage issues in the dishwasher majorly occur due to faulty pipelines.
It may also occur due to the dirty door gasket or drainage line issues.
Check if your dishwasher is placed on a leveled surface.
You must replace the damaged pipeline to fix the leakage issues.
If the door latch is damaged, replace it with the new one.
Reset the dishwasher before the wash cycle after replacing the pipes.
7. If the dishwasher won’t complete the cycle
It will be frustrating to confront a dishwasher stuck amidst the washing cycle.
It may be due to the worn-out thermal fuse and the heating element.
The thermal fuse is used to regulate the power supply of the dishwasher.
Replace the thermal fuse and the heating element in the dishwasher.
Reset the dishwasher after replacing the faulty parts to fix the issue.
8. If your dishwasher shows the error code
Error code is the indication of faults and failures in the dishwasher.
If the dishwasher’s control panel displays the error code, you need to reset the error code.
Refer to the user manual to reset the specific error code in the dishwasher.
If the error code appears in the dishwasher control panel, you must not continue using it without clearing it.
How should I reset the Quiet Partner 3 Dishwasher?
Resetting will help to reboot the dishwasher and clear the errors and faults in the dishwasher.
It will also clear the customized settings in the dishwasher.
- You must reset the washing cycle if your dishwasher is stuck in the mid-cycle. Locate the start/pause button to stop the cycle.
- Unplug your Whirlpool dishwasher from the electric outlet. Turn off the circuit breaker if your dishwasher is hardwired.
- Let the dishwasher disconnect for 10 minutes.
- Replug the dishwasher into the electric outlet by plugging the power cord into the electric outlet. Turn on the circuit breaker if your dishwasher is hardwired.
- You can soft reset the dishwasher by pressing the two buttons in its dishwasher.
- Turn on the dishwasher and press the start/pause button.
- Locate the “heated dry” and “normal” buttons in the control panel.
- Press these two buttons in the sequence to complete the reset.
Reboot the dishwasher:
- Turn on the dishwasher. And locate the start/reset button.
- Press the start/reset button for 3 seconds.
- Now, the reboot is complete.
How to run the diagnosis on the Whirlpool Quiet Partner 3 Dishwasher?
Diagnose mode in the dishwasher is used to troubleshoot when it is at fault and find the cause to repair it.
Turn on the dishwasher and switch on the control panel by pressing the start/pause buttons.
Locate the Rinse and Heated dry buttons in the dishwasher.
Press and hold the Rinse and Heated dry buttons in a sequence for 3 seconds to switch on the diagnosed mood.
A diagnosis mode will begin in your dishwasher.
How do I reset the control panel of the whirlpool quiet partner 3 dishwasher?
The control panel is the brain of the dishwasher.
It undergoes minor glitches, which cause the dishwasher to get faulty.
Follow these steps to reset the control:
- Switch the dishwasher by turning on the circuit breaker.
- Locate the Cancel/Resume buttons in the control panel.
- Press and hold the cancel/button for 3 seconds.
- Now, your control panel is reset.
Tips for using the whirlpool quiet partner 3 dishwasher
As the dishwasher is used frequently in the kitchen, it is important to use it correctly.
Follow the steps mentioned below to use the dishwasher in the right way:
1. Use the right amount of detergent in the dishwasher.
Adding the right amount of detergent is important because the excess detergent will cause faults in the dishwashers.
In case of using the wrong and excess amount of detergent, it will cause the suds in the dishes.
It will also cause the leakage of water amidst the washing cycles.
Consider referring to the user manual to find instructions on using detergent in your dishwasher.
If your dishes are filled with suds, follow the methods mentioned below to clean the dishes.
- Open the door of the dishwasher and add one gallon of water to the tub in the dishwasher.
- Now, close the dishwasher’s door.
- The next step is to remove the water from the dishwasher.
- Open the door of the dishwasher.
- Press the dial button to complete the dishwasher drain cycle.
- You will hear a sound after the drain cycle is completed.
- After you hear a sound, close the dishwasher’s door, and the dishwasher will remove the water completely. Or you can follow the electronic method below.
- After you close a door, select the appropriate cycle and start the dishwasher.
- Let the dishwasher run for 10 seconds and locate the start/reset button to remove the water from the dishwasher.
- When the wash is completed, the drain cycle will take 90 minutes to remove the water from the dishwasher.
2. Load the dishes correctly
Loading the dishes in the wrong way will hinder the effective cleaning of the dishwasher.
Follow the steps below to enhance the effectiveness of cleaning the dishes:
- Place the dirty side of the dishes facing the center of the dishwasher. As there are spray arms, spread the water at the center; loading the dishes this way will help eliminate the greasy dirt accumulated.
- Avoid overloading the dishwasher. Doing this will prevent the dishes from coming in contact with the water and detergent. It will also make the dishes wet at the end of the drying cycle, as the hot air doesn’t reach the dishes, which are misplaced or overcrowded.
- Make sure you are not blocking the spray arms. While loading the top and bottom racks, don’t overcrowd the dishes. Leave enough space between the dishes to let the spray arm spread the water throughout the dishwasher.
- While purchasing the dishwasher, educate yourself about dishes that you should not load in the dishwasher. Don’t load delicate glassware, iron pans, silver dishware, or nonstick dishes in the dishwasher to give you an idea. Loading these dishes in the dishwasher will either cause damage to the appliance or damage the dishes.
3. Add vinegar solution
The vinegar solution helps to clean the detergent deposit or the hard water deposition in the dishwasher.
If you use hard water to wash the dishes in the dishwasher, mix the vinegar with water in a bowl and pour it into the dishwasher’s top and bottom rack before starting the washing cycle.
Doing this will help maintain the dishwasher to prevent drainage and other issues.
4. Avoid pre-rinsing your dishwasher
Rinsing the dishes before the washing cycle will unnecessarily waste water and energy.
But if the dishes are going to sit in the dishwasher for a long time, they may dry and cause an unpleasant odor.
In such a case, you can rinse the dishes.
If you start the washing cycle immediately, load it as it is.
5. Put this in the bottom rack
Put the heavy dishes, stainless steel, baking cutleries, plates, and greasy dishes in the bottom rack.
Also, place pans and pots along the side of the bottom of the dishwasher.
6. Clean the dishwasher
It is important to clean the dishwasher at least twice a week.
Clean the exterior and interior of the dishwasher.
If you are using a plastic dishwasher, clean it with a sponge and soap.
If you have a stainless steel dishwasher, clean it with a glass cleaner.
While cleaning the interior part of the dishwasher, scrub it well to eliminate food particles and greasy accumulation to prevent faults and repairs in the dishwasher.
7. Check the filters regularly
Filters are found near the bottom rack of the dishwasher.
You must clean the filter regularly to keep the dishwasher in good working condition.
As dishwashers are used regularly, food materials are stuck in the filter.
If you leave it uncleaned, it will clog the filter, causing draining issues.
8. Choose the right cycle
Choose the appropriate cycle in the dishwasher according to the load of dishes.
When loading everyday dishes, you can choose the normal cycle.
If the dishes are not so greasy, you can choose the light cycle in your dishwasher.
If loading large dishes in the dishwasher, you must choose the heavy cycle to clean the dirt and debris.
How to reset the Whirlpool Quiet Partner 3 Dishwasher that won’t start?
A dishwasher won’t start due to the causes I mentioned above.
In such a case, you can reset the dishwasher:
- Plug in the dishwasher by turning on the circuit breaker.
- Locate the start/reset button on the control panel.
- Press and hold these two buttons for 3 seconds.
- The reset is complete if you hear the beep sound.
Dishwashers are the most useful kitchen devices, reducing the workload in kitchen activities. It is common to encounter faults in the dishwasher in the long run.
Resetting is an effective repair to the faults caused in the dishwasher, but you must reset the dishwasher only when problems arise, as I mentioned earlier. You must not reset the dishwasher unnecessarily, as it may damage the appliance.
- How Do You Cap Off A Dishwasher Drain Line?
- 2 Ways To Reset LG Dishwasher (Complete Guide)
- How To Fix IE Error On LG Dishwasher?
- LG Dishwasher CL Code: Causes+Fix
- 10 Ways To Fix Dishwasher Leaking Into Basement
- Dishwasher Seal Keeps Coming Off: 4 Causes+Fix
- How To Reset Whirlpool Quiet Partner 2 Dishwasher?
Reference: Whirlpool Dishwasher manual.